The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of Shivalik College of Engineering was established in 2015 as a self-initiative effort. It was recognized by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board NIESBUD (Ministry of Skill Development, Govt. of India) in 2015 with an area of 3000 sq. ft. is allotted for the EDC Activities.
Our vision is to aid the growth of our society by enabling entrepreneurs with integrity & sustainability and encourage individual ability and creativity.
To be the leader in enabling & facilitating entrepreneurs, support the sparks of budding entrepreneurs and manifesting the spirit and energy of young students from ideation to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through constant guidance & mentoring through various programs and schemes.
- To create awareness on Entrepreneurships among young students
- To facilitate the development of Entrepreneurial Skills among young students of Science & Technology
- To inculcate Entrepreneurial Spirit and Culture among young students
- To kindle the sparks of young students & budding entrepreneurs
- To establish a modern category of Sustainable Technology - Competent Entrepreneurs
- To be an interface in building network among various institutions of learning & research and various industries
- To provide complete technical and other services to small scale entrepreneurs
- To establish an incubation centre in various science & technology domains
- To organize camps, seminars, symposia, workshops, industrial visits, conferences, and other development programs
- Major Activity & Facilities
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EACs)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDPs)
- Faculty Development Programs on Entrepreneurship (FDPs)
- Entrepreneurship & Skill Development Programs (ESDPs)
- Technology Entrepreneurship Development Programs (TEDPs)
- Entrepreneurship Conference
- Guest Lectures & Seminars on Entrepreneurship
- Visits to various industries
- Skill Development Training Programs
- Market Research & Survey
- Curriculum development on Entrepreneurship based courses
- Business Model Designing
- Business Plan / Project Report preparation
Events / Activities of the EDC
SCE students participated in a Seminar “ Start-Up Life Cycle” by ENGAGING YOUNG INDIA
The students of Shivalik College of Engineering were invited to attend the first knowledge session on “The Start up Life Cycle” which was organised by Engaging Young India. Students of 3rd& 4th year participated for the session conducted on 6th of September 2016 at Hotel Madhuban.
The event was of particular interest for students, early stage entrepreneurs and start-Up enthusiasts. The interactive session covered “Social entrepreneurship” , “Starting up a start-up”, “Scale up a start up” & “Fundraising for a start-up.”
The highlight of the event was the one hour open Q/A session where the participants of SCE interacted with the panel experts.
The panel consisted of noted policy makers, business experts, social entrepreneurs and fund raising experts.