Mechanical Engineering is considered as the mother of all engineering disciplines. Linking all branches of engineering together, M.E. provides a foundation to the entire engineering education. And hence it is known as the mother branch. Applications of mechanical engineering have spread into almost every industry. Started right from the origin of universe, M.E. applications will continue working forever.
"We sweat it out in the labs and it's a lot of fun."
- To establish Departmental Centre of Excellence in the field of HVAC, Manufacturing and Pipe Designing.
- More professional societies to be incorporated in the department like SAE, ASME, and ISME in addition to ISHRAE.
- Students have applied for Design Patent of Abrasive Jet Machine.
- 2nd Runner-up in ISHARE North Zone quiz competition sponsored by Hi-Tech.
- Student Won 1st Runner up of International Go-Kart Championship organized at Punjab.
- A Final year student, qualified IES-2018 Pre examination and will appear in mains.
- Number of students have published Research Paper in National and International Conference & Journals.
- Number of students have been selected for
higher studies to Foreign Universities.
- International and national conference organized by Mechanical engineering department viz: National Conference on Green Building “ENERSTATE-12”, International Conference “ICEDET-16”, AND International Conference “ICEDET-17”.
- Numbers of students have been selected in Government and PSUs Job after Qualifying GATE Exam.
- Conduction of beyond curriculum courses such as
CNC Training, CAD/CAM, CFD, software training for designing to create Industry ready Professionals./li>
- Design and Fabrication of High quality unique projects beneficial for society and Industry.
- SIMULATION LAB
- PROJECT R & D LAB
- MACHINE WORKSHOP
- FITTING WORKSHOP
- FOUNDRY & WELDING WORKSHOP
- CARPENTRY, SHEET METAL AND BLACK SMITHY WORKSHOP
- THERMAL ENGINEERING LAB
- FLUID MACHINE AND MECHANICS LAB
- DYNAMICS OF MACHINES & VIBRATION LAB
- HEAT & MASS TRANSFER LAB
- CAD/CAM LAB (CNC)
- MACHINE HYDRAULICS LAB
- THEORY OF MACHINE AND DESIGN LAB
- REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITIONING LAB
- CENTRAL WORKSHOP
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS (SOM) LAB